Friday, May 11, 2012

ta da

It's finally finished - a quilt I started over a year ago when we still lived in our townhouse and these colours matched our living room. Still, no matter where this ends up, I'm glad to have made it... it was good for practicing a lot of things (and realizing I need a lot more practice for a lot of things). It's about twin size and wraps around my shoulders nicely for sick days (I practiced coughing and saying, "oh, I'm sick" and it worked perfectly). 

And... hi, Sharon Lathrop. Thanks for sending pictures of quilts you have finished/are working on. I am grateful to share this fun pastime with you and think that, if we didn't live on opposite sides of the continent, we would have many fun crafternoons. Even though you were David's friend first and, um, we have not actually met in person, I talk to David about "my friend, Sharon... you know - crafty Sharon" and how we should really invite your family over for supper sometime. So, you know, whenever you are free, stop on by. And bring your sewing machine.


2 comments:

Sharon Lathrop said...

I wish I could hop in the car and come over for dinner and a craft session! And my sewing machine does have a travel case... moving it from the dining room table to the floor. I LOVE your quilt! Great job :).

Sharon Lathrop said...

Oh, and I hope you have a girl because I just finished a circle/square quilt that ROCKS! Yes, it's for you. And if you have a boy... I have to piece that one together tonight!