Today on the Feast of St. Joseph, our little Joseph started his Building on Books class at the Early Years Centre. It's a 2-hour drop-off program with crafts, songs, and activities all based on the book of the week. He was in the same program in January but was so. very. nervous to begin again today. We held hands in the car (he sits behind me... this was tricky), sang songs, and said a prayer to calm him down. He hugged tightly to my legs when we got there and wouldn't step foot inside the classroom until he was lured in (still attached to my legs) by trucks and books. I was finally able to scoot out of the room and left him for those two, long hours.
When Henry and I returned to pick Joe up, he was Smiley with a capital S, eager to tell me about his afternoon and what they read and what they made. And on the drive home, after a lull in his litany of what he had done, Joe said,
"I just asked Jesus to hold my hand, and then I wasn't so nervous."
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment