Sunday, December 7, 2008

A getaway from the everyday

Before Baby K arrives, Mr. David Kantor decided to surprise Mrs. Gillian Kantor with a weekend away. I'm snoopy, so surprises don't work that well... I knew we were going somewhere but just not where. After three hours of driving on Saturday, we ended up at the Domain of Killien, a bed and breakfast owned by a French Count and Countess outside of Haliburton.

Fun things about the weekend:

1) It was snowy and wintery and beautiful.
2) Food was plentiful and delicious.
3) And we tried snow-shoeing. Baby loved snow-shoeing, so we think it will become a regular winter sport for us. Now we just need snow shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO sweet of David! That's very nice! I'll have to remember to tell Dan about this, give him a few hints! HAHA

I can't wait to meet Baby Kantor!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

What a great hubby you have!! He is so sweet to you! Cherish him, girl!