This sweet girl, on the cusp of being 11, is a wonder to listen to. I hear her talking to Leo and commending him on his latest drawing or (questionable) fancy project. I hear her making a plan with Jane that will involve drawing or crafting or flipping on the trampoline. I hear her with Clara, the two of them talking about a game of dressing up and clacking around the house in fancy shoes. I hear her in the basement with the boys, watching the Blue Jays game and talking stats and nervously cheering when the score is too close. I hear her following her Daddy around the house and asking a thousand questions. I hear her come up beside me and asking if I need help with anything. She moves throughout the family, her sweet words and big ideas and lovely voice travelling all around us in ways of camaraderie, contribution, and compassion. But best of all is when I hear her sing, her beautiful voice trilling through a song and making it her own. She sings when she is happy, relaxed, at peace, her euphonious voice a secret to anyone outside our home but swirling around us here in the comfort, the safety, the familiarity of these walls and these people.
I love her dear, sweet voice.
Happy Birthday Eve, dear Annie.
No comments:
Post a Comment