Sunday, October 31, 2021

eve-ning

Well, this is Leo in a picture. Sweet. Mischievous. Expressive eyebrows. Cuddly. Trouble.
























Happy Birthday Eve to our just-about-three-year-old. He has grown and learned and done so much this year. One year ago, David and I were getting a worried about how little he spoke, communicating mostly through grunts and pointing. Turns out, he was using the first two years of his life to observe and formulate sentences and has now decided this would be the time to impart his knowledge. So we have all been learning life lessons from Leo this year as he shares his age-old wisdom and heartfelt musings. Things like, 

"Well that was nice adventure."

"I'm a good helper."

"This is a lovely day for a walk."

"Mommy you are graceful and pretty like a ballerina."

"Grammie I like your pretty pyjamas."

"Sleep tight. Don't let the bad guys kill you."

And tales that start with "And now I'm going to tell you a story. Once there was a ramble ramble ramble complicated details about Thomas the train and/or Paw Patrol with intricate but impossible story lines ramble ramble and that is the end of the my story. The end!"

So, this is Leo. He's my sidekick and he's excited to turn three. But not to use the potty - don't even get him started on that topic. 



No comments: