Friday, September 17, 2021

adventuring

Well, since no one needs us at home anymore... Leo and I decided to go on a holiday. Leaving David and Company with charts and schedules of meals and chores and who-needs-to-be-where-and-when, my tiny travel buddy and I went back to Shaunavon to hang out with and entertain Papa while he recovers from knee surgery. Leo was a great helper to Papa, supporting him in his exercises and entertaining him with very loud renditions of the alphabet. We had the added bonuses of seeing Walker and riding on the combine and extra cuddles and stories with Grammie. Leo missed his brothers and sisters, and would stop me many times a day to ask for a hug and a "whittle chat about Daddy and the boys and the girls," but a video call home, and maybe also the realization that he didn't have to share any toys with siblings, quickly solved any problems.

Leo was a good and patient traveller, even when his Mommy wasn't (I've forgotten how to travel by plane, and when to update my id, and to empty water bottles before going through security). And when we landed back in Toronto at midnight and I was lugging a heavy, tired boy and multiple bags through the airport, Leo lifted his head off my shoulder to tell me, "Well that was a nice adventure." 

It really was. 

















No comments: