Sunday, May 9, 2021

wok the heck

A long, long time ago, when I was five, I would watch a cooking show on CBC called Wok with Yan. I loved it. The host had a new funny apron every episode, he would toss the veggies around the wok in sizzling oil with such pizazz, and he ended each show by feeding his creations to two lucky audience members. I remember dreaming that one day I would be an audience member, laughing at his aprons and eating that yummy food. 

Fast forward a few decades. Wok with Yan was cancelled long ago. But I'm a mama and I have six really beautiful creations, who gifted me a funny apron and, every day, I'm the lucky audience member who gets to watch them grow and sizzle and taste their works of creative and culinary and cuddly art. Things turned out much better than I ever dreamed (sorry, Yan). Happy Mother's Day to me. 











No comments: