Sunday, December 1, 2019

a coal night out

Annie and I had a special night out with Grammie and Papa, to hear the Men of the Deeps on their Christmas tour. Annie enjoyed her first concert, and was very excited to meet a miner despite not knowing what one is, and I loved hearing songs from CBC Christmas specials of the past. I was so glad to be with Mom and Dad and maybe only a few tears were sprinkled during their singing of the Rankin Family's We Rise Again. (What is that song even about, jeez louise... We look to our sons and daughters to explain our lives, as if a child could tell us why... you know what that song's about? It's about bawling your eyes out as you sit with your parents and your daughter, that's what.)

Anyway, back to my point. It was a lovely evening out. 



No comments: