Saturday, August 10, 2019

gardening

Each year, we put up a fence around our garden to keep the critters out. Little did we know, the critters were laughing at our inadequate fencing and jumping in anyway. One day, while watering the garden, I was startled by a rabbit jumping out from under the bean teepee. I apologized to the bunny for getting it wet before realizing that, wait a second, I'm not sorry, get out of my garden. To her credit, she did, leaping over the fence with ease. But then later that afternoon, when David went to dig up some of his garlic, he discovered... a burrow filled with babies. They were pretty new, with fur just growing in and their eyes still shut, all huddled up and squirming over each other in their garlicky home.

And now they live there, in my garden, happily running amok in the garden while their mama eats my bean plants. We're raising baby bunnies. Would you like one?





No comments: