Merry Christmas! What a morning! What a day! Weee!!
We had a nice day of discovering Santa presents, eating waffles, getting the turkey in the oven, and then - finally - opening presents. The rest of the day was spent enjoying our new books and gifts, talking to Grammie and Papa and aunts and uncles on the phone, napping, and preparing the house for our dinner guests - Nanny and Grandpa and the Bodners. This was our first year hosting Christmas and I spent much of my preparation time thinking of my mom and aunts and the Christmas dinners they hosted. I never, ever, not even for a minute appreciated what they were doing, never saw them flustered (even when us kids were racing through the kitchen around their legs), and always loved their meals. I don't think I can fill their shoes, but it was exciting and nerve-wracking to try. Also, David cooked the turkey so that was probably cheating. Sorry.
Merry Christmas, from us to you!



No comments:
Post a Comment