Sunday, August 5, 2012

annie is







































Well, we're here, all five of us, at home and settled. The boys are in their beds sleeping, Annie is resting on my arm, and David is lovingly doing my chores. We are so excited to welcome this little girl into our family and the boys are being so gentle... amazing.

So, a few details about our babe...

Annie is... named in honour of our Grandmas, their love and faith and strength. In particular, she carries the name of David's Grandma, Annie Kantor, and my Grandma, Annie Elizabeth Ledingham. We pray she grows up with their vigour, spirit, determination, sense of humour, and faithfulness. What a blessing it will be to see even a piece of their souls in our little girl.

Annie is... hungry. Oh my goodness! She came out wanting to eat. I feel like I have been feeding her ever since.

Annie is... impatient. When she decided to come, she decided to come, doctor or not. The doctor on call basically made it in the room just in time to catch her.

Annie is... a piece of our puzzle. The peaceful piece. We feel like she is coming to settle us down, to temper the activity/craziness of our household, and to slow us to a breathable pace.

Annie is... the smallest of our babies. She weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces at birth, and measured 19 inches long. She's also the earliest, arriving 8 days before her due date.

Annie is... a girl, obviously. I really thought I was having another boy. And so did the cashier at the grocery store and the woman in line behind me on Friday. And who am I to argue with them? So what a surprise to find out, the very next day, that - nope - it's a girl!

Annie is... sweet. She smells so good. How do babies come out smelling so good?

Annie is... apparently, a bit jumpy. She is getting squirmy at the sound of my typing.

Annie is... tuckering me out. That's what babies do. So it's time to go to bed. But not before I say...

Annie is... pure love. We are so, so happy.


No comments: