The bigger the bed, the bigger the bedhead, it would seem.
We've made the leap. Started on Friday... Henry slept in his big boy bed. The first night was surprisingly easy and David and I thought we were Amazingly Super Parents. We only had to go in once to put Henry back in bed and that was it - both boys slept happily through the night in their shared room.
Last night... after six visits, they finally quieted down (by "they" I mean Henry... he likes to travel around the room). And tonight... well... I just checked on them. The light was on, Henry was standing beside a sound-asleep-Joe, about to poke at his eyes, and every pillow from Joe's bed (that his head wasn't on) had been thrown to the floor by Henry. How do I know it was Henry? Because Joe hadn't moved a millimetre from when I left the room after saying good night the first time.
As for mornings... Henry used to sleep until about 7:30, but now Joe wakes him up promptly at six. And then they merrily bounce into mommy and daddy's room.
This is only the first weekend of this, so it will get easier? More sleep? Uh, I guess we'll see.

2 comments:
Do you want to know the answer to that? Probably not.
I will say that we did the super Nanny back to bed trick with Robert ... the first time it was 'Back to bed' a little over seventy times. The next time it was just over forty. It was then less and less.
For mornings, I created a sign that looked like the numbers on his clock ... and put it on top 7:00 . You can't get out of bed until the numbers match, and the songs come one (radio alarm). This amazingly worked for both of our older kids. I do know that on the first couple of days anticipation for the numbers to match was a long wait. 5:30 - 7:00 was tiring, but nap time was really quick that day.
BTW, you are amazing parents.
These stories make me very excited to discover the joys that are to come. I am so glad we made a cheeky boy...I love the stories about your cheeky boys. I almost feel inspired to make him extra cheeky. But then I read more and realise that cheeky is cheeky enough x
Post a Comment