Wednesday, September 29, 2010

39 weeks...

... and baby was born.

Henry Francis Kantor arrived 7:45 a.m. on Tuesday, September 28, 2010. He looks like big brother Joe, but with smaller lips (except when they pout) and darker hair. We have just arrived home from the hospital as a family of four, had story time, and now all three of my boys are down for a nap. (I will be joining them as soon as I hit 'publish').










When Joseph was born, David wrote wonderful things about how brave and strong I was. Now it is my turn... I was reminded yesterday between the painful hours of 1 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. just how David is the perfect coach, the perfect cheerleader, the perfect example of patience and service and love. He attends to me and his two boys at our every need, without complaint or question... just willingness and devotion. I have no doubt this will be a busy household as we raise these two busy boys, but I know that I will never have to ask twice (even once) for help and that our children only need to look to their dad for an understanding of faith and commitment and unconditional love. Aww shucks.

More to come on how brotherhood is treating Joe (... on the way home from the hospital, with our two boys sitting next to each other in the backseat, Joe pointed out his favourite things to Henry; "See flags, Henry?").

But enough for now. Onward napping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Yay, Yay, Yay!!!! Love this post! - sandy

Ali said...

Ooh you make me cry! So glad you're all home, well and safe. Look forward to more chapters of 'The Tales of Joe and Henry'. Ali x

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! YOU ARE AMAZING..BEING A MOMMY/GIVING BIRTH/POSTING ...WOW...LOVE TO YOU AND THE "BOYS"...WELCOME HENRY!!..LOVE THE AMODEO'S (AUNTIE SUSIE)..XOXO

Janet said...

Congratulations Gillian,David and Joseph on new addition Henry.I was surprized when I went on your blog to see Henry arrived already.I remember those busy days,even though it's been a long time.Enjoy.
Aunt Janet