That’s what I attended this morning. While David went off to the office to work, I gathered with my Workforce Team and 400 of my closest Crowd Marshal friends at Randwick racecourse (ie. Vigil Site) to go through the training for what exactly is going to happen during World Youth Day. It’s good/funny to meet these volunteers who we have been interviewing/scheduling/calling over the past few months... as I greeted them at the door and took their names, my head was filled with things like, “Oh yeah, writes his emails all in cap locks” or “uses comics sands font.” This is how I know these people: by their emails. So, now they have faces to go with their fonts.
It was a good morning and our volunteers seem quite happy to be getting some solid information. AND we got to wear our uniforms for the first time so it was like a fashion show. (Unfortunately, I’m sporting the “three-quarter length sleeve style” due to my long, monkey-like arms… can’t imagine the short-sleeved version on David.)
(p.s. Hannah and I don't have jaundice)
1 comment:
David,
Is this really you? I was Artsci' 97 - my brother is Fr. Raymond de Souza now the Queen's chaplain and I am a Sister of Life (www.sistersoflife.org) I hope I'll spot you in the crowd sometime this week. There are 45 Sisters here from NY doing awesome events at our Love and Life Site if you want to post them on your blog. www.lovelifelink.org Matt Maher is playing Wed July 16th afternoon and 8 pm Wed night, EWTN will be here to film "Under the Southern Cross" an evening talk show about the culture of life. Please spread the word!!!
Sister John Mary
(Marisa de Souza)
Post a Comment