That's what I called our Sunday. We were invited to Mass and a bbq at Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, the parish of Bishop Anthony Fisher, our WYD coordinator. With a good Mass, good food, good people, a good walk, good conversation... this is the stuff on which we feed to keep us happy and healthy and (hopefully?) holy. Yum.

This is us... international long-term volunteers. Ie. - cheap labour from across the globe.

More specifically, the cheap labour from "Canada" (in quotation marks because, though Chris and Morgan live in Toronto, they are originally from the Canadian province of Texas) with Bishop Anthony.

Post Mass, lunch, and group-shots, Bishop Anthony took us on a walk around his neighbourhood, up to the cliffs of Watson's Bay. This is Bishop Anthony being tour guide to Alanna from the U.S.
And this was the view... the steeple in the foreground is Our Lady Star of the Sea, with Sydney Harbour in the background.

My walking partner for the afternoon and how Sr. Mary Rachel and I spend most of our time. Laughing. (Though it does look a bit like she's laughing while I'm covering my mouth choking or hyperventilating or some medical emergency. No. I'm fine. And we were laughing.)

And at the end of the road, nothing to do but lean on the fence and look out into the ocean. None of the international volunteers can see home from this direction... we're facing south and no one here is from Antarctica.
No comments:
Post a Comment