The Aquarium is like the zoo - crowded, lots of crying kids, and expensive - with the added confusion of it being very dark in there. Once our eyes adjusted, we saw all sorts of marvellous, lovely things. Jellyfish. Cattlefish. Cuddlefish. Sharks. Nemo. Stingrays. Sea horses. Seals. Turtles. Our favourite displays were the tunnels, which allowed the crowds of visitors to walk under the water where the sharks and stingrays and fish were swimming. May we take you on a tour?
David and a stingray... we loved the tunnels visitors can walk through... way cheaper than scuba-diving.
Gillian's close encounter with a shark.
A penguin just hanging out in the pool... relaxin' and chillaxin' and all that.
Seals are very speedy and hard to take pictures of... so this is all I got. It's a speeding seal head. If you can look at this picture up close, it's very cool to see their eyes... very bulbous with a special layer to protect them from the water.
Look - it's Nemo!! This aquarium had the largest number of children around it... but I pushed my way to the front.
Cattlefish. A red angus, I think, Matt.
The stingray I made friends with at the Great Barrier Reef display.
We went all the way to Sydney to the Aquarium and David wouldn't buy me this.
... or this....
No comments:
Post a Comment