Saturday, November 3, 2007

So long, good buddy

Well, today we sold Rueben. Trusty friend, faithful confidante, good pal. A car. Yup - after 9 years of driving and laughing together (Rueben is a very happy automobile), my red car and I said goodbye. Perhaps I was a bit more emotional than Rueben in our last few moments together, but I think I saw a little windshield wiper mist trickle from the hood.

Anyway, bittersweet a moment it may be to let go of a car I've become quite attached to (never name your car... that's where the trouble starts), the sale was made to help us along in our trip plans. Now we have a little extra money to put in our travel account and who needs two cars sitting in a driveway in Canada when we're gallavanting all over the world.

So, Rueben now belongs to a lovely lady named Linda. She was very eager to meet Rueben (and even apologized to me for taking the car away). And what makes me happy is that she called a few hours after driving off with Rueben to say "I'm in love! I love him!" (Yes - she said him. She knows Rueben is a boy.) So, isn't that the kind of owner I want Rueben to have? Someone who will love him as much as I did?

Rueben - here's to you and all 117,000 km we had together. Drive safely.

No comments: