Monday, July 17, 2017

fifteen years

A lifetime ago - or fifteen years, I guess - Pope John Paul II came to visit. And so did hundreds of thousands of other people. And they needed places to go and things to do, so I helped work out some of those details. It was pretty monumental, now that I look back, but at the time it was a job, my life, it was good. Fifteen years later, we celebrated and remembered that World Youth Day, and how nice to see many of the people who worked so hard and tirelessly for this event. Fr. Tom made sure to speak to all the kids who have arrived since that day, telling them the hard work and amazing things their parents once did... and, so, I suppose it's true. It really was a lifetime ago.





























(Not the real Pope Francis, fyi.)


No comments: