Took a little trip with some people I like this past weekend. Visited Paris, Rome, New York... travelled the world in just over 48 hours. Because I went to Vegas. That's where I was. Las Vegas.
The Original Girodats took Dad on a trip to celebrate his 75th birthday. Where else can you go and see the whole world in just one weekend? I don't know. So we went to Vegas. We toured. We walked miles. We saw crazy things we probably never needed to see. We lost dollars in the slot machines. We ate some good food. We hung out with Janis, Michael, Marilyn, and Elvis. We witnessed a police barricade and saw the whole strip shut down for terrible reasons. We got stuck in a mall and couldn't get back to our hotel for those same terrible reasons. We recovered the next day by visiting the Hoover Dam. We relaxed at cafe by a beautiful garden. We watched a fountain dance. We were, as we once were, just the six of us.
Some points of interest:
1. Dad is going to start up some sort of fund to help the show girls and club-goers of Vegas buy more fabric for their clothes.
2. DO NOT accept business cards from people on the street. Because they are not business cards.
3. Should you ever be wondering where to buy a five foot long cup out of which to drink your slushie (I'm sure those were just slushies), the answer is Vegas.
4. There was an armed robbery at the Bellagio Hotel the same weekend we were there. Is that a coincidence?
5. Let's say you have run out of shirts - worn them out, lost them, all in the laundry hamper, whatever, you've just run out of shirts. Don't worry. You can just paint one on and you're good to go.
In summary, Vegas is an exciting, terrifying, crazy place to be. But it was a good, (exhausting,) happy trip.
Viva Las Vegas, as they say.
And Happy Birthday, Dad.