Monday, June 8, 2015

camp

Look at these guys. They went to the Conquest Father/Son Camp this past weekend and did all sorts of daddy/boy camp stuff. Canoeing, archery, high ropes, campfires, and hiking. Plus they also had Mass and prayer and good talks. And slept in bunkbeds. So, all in all, a pretty good weekend. David reported that Joe kept saying, "I really like it here. We should come here again."

Henry, Annie, Clara, and I drove up on Sunday for Mass and lunch and to pick up those campers. Joe and I had a pretty nice made-for-tv-movie reunion moment. Picture the two of us running toward each other over a grassy field. I might have cried.

Next year, Henry will be old enough to go, too. How will I bear to be away from all those boys all at once. That's going to be a lot of crying. But, for them, also a lot of good stuff.


No comments: