Before a gigantic dumping of pictures, here are my tired-brain bulleted points on our sweet little girl:
- she's our biggest baby, weighing 8 pounds, 11 ounces, and measuring 20.5 inches long (Joe is next up at 7 pounds, 14 ounces). Apparently, she enjoyed all the ice cream and cinnamon buns that I was enjoying while being pregnant.
- her middle names are in honour of her Grammie (Helen Jean) and Nanny (Mary Alfreda). Her first name was debated for a long time... it has no family connection but is one that we liked, links her to St. Clare of Assisi, and, ultimately, stood up to David's sports announcer voice test (where he says "Clara Kantor" in a deep voice, like he's colour commentating something at the Olympics).
- the kids LOVE her. We have already broken up fights over who gets to hold her next. And Annie is under the impression that we have given this baby to her, her two favourite expressions upon seeing Clara being, "MINE!" and "I hold it!"
- this is our first night at home with her, so we'll see what a sleep schedule looks like without all the hospital interruptions. Fingers crossed that I remember how to do all this nighttime stuff.
- David is awesome. Well, first of all, David's parents are awesome for looking after Joe, Henry, and Annie for two full days. And now David is being awesome... giving me time to rest and serving me hand and foot, all with a smile on his face. I feel as though I have won the grand prize in some sort of husband lottery or awesome daddy reality show.
- Clara is sweet, sweet, sweet. She is patient with her doting siblings and she squeaks while she sleeps. I have called her Annie about one-million times, but she is patient with me and all is forgiven.
- And now, here she is:
And this shall be my crazy life...