Good thing he fell asleep and missed the ending. He's too young to have his heart broken like that.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Grammie and Papa are back, so there's no better time to get the party started... so here we go! Happy birthday Jojo, Lily, and Auntie Andrea!
We're still two weeks away from Joe's big day, but we're happy to spread out the festivities. Jojo has brought a lot of joy to our lives and he's worth a lot of parties (plus... he likes cake. a lot).
Thanks, family, for the great gifts for Jojo. Now he can look like a monkey, act like one too, learn about the farm, and play at the zoo. All while riding in his wagon. Perfect. We couldn't have asked for anything more.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
... that we don't have pictures of...
1. We have decided that November 24 is the official day of "Joseph's First Steps" ... four of them, from the dining room table to the stairs. "That's amazing!" I shouted. And then excitedly told one of the basement renovators who was coming up the stairs, "Joseph just walked! For the first time!" To which he replied, rather unenthusiastically, "Uh, that's great." Anyway, David was much more excited than that when he came home.
2. Today we read a book about dogs. Then later I asked Joseph what doggies say and he said, "Woo woo!" Isn't he clever? (I asked him a whole bunch of times to make sure it wasn't an accident... he scored 100%.)
So, walking and talking. That's what we're up to.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
We're just not sure what it is.
This went on for about 10 minutes (but we have just blessed you with 2 min 30)... I think he was mumbling something about how easy it is to steal mom's wallet, and her credit cards are just there for the taking. (Ha - joke's on Joseph. That was a library card and my Black's photo card... you're not buying anything online with those.)
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
At eleven months...
1) Joseph is really, really, really trying to walk. Our record so far is... one step.
2) He talks a lot. We think it's in Hebrew.
3) Still eating. A lot.
4) Last time we weighed him... 21.4 pounds.
5) Waves, dances, claps, and pats his head on demand. We're working on high-fiving, hugging, and identifying body parts.
What a guy. We like him a whole lot.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
He hung out at the back and played with the lost and found. And Rob and Jules got married (congratulations!).
Later, Tante Cheese came over with her baby-sitting posse to look after Joseph while we went to the reception. They watched cartoons and got along... thank you, Tante. We love you!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
'tis indeed. So we went outside to rake up spare Josephs and Lilys. (Jonah stayed safely inside.)
Mom and Dad are here right now, and will be again at the end of November. Three cheers for having Grammie and Papa to play with! Hip hip hooray, etc.!